What to do with all those branches from your fruit trees? Here are some suggestions:
1) Root them in potting soil and give them to friends. Or plant another tree for yourself.
2) Use them as tomato or other plants stakes.
3) Use them to cover a metal gate (like this one to the left). Stakes are standing by, waiting for me to get started! I’ll tie them on with scrap wire (which I save by hanging on the wire of this fence in a hidden place).
4) Make a shade/privacy screen by weaving them with wire or sturdy twine or cord, and hang them from an eave.
5) Lay them criss-crossed over your new gardens to make it very inconvenient for your cat or neighbor cats to use the garden as a little box.
6) Plant them upright (tall, so they won’t be dangerous) in outlying areas where you want to discourage cut-through traffic.
7) Weave small ones together (like the privacy screen above) to wrap around containers like these:
8) Make a brush pile for wildlife habitat in an appropriate place (unless you’re afraid of the particular wildlife or otherwise need to discourage it).
9) Fill in gaps under your fence to discourage neighbor pets from entering.
10) Chicken roosts!
What are your ideas?